Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Days Blur, What Can I Say?

Last night, I had an encounter with a drunk girl (I will call her Persephone). We were both heading for the elevator in my building, and she offered my a cigarette, because she said that she didn't smoke and that her friend just randomly gave it to her. I accepted this cigarette on behalf of my friend who was waiting in the car for me while I ran up to my apartment to get my laptop. 

Persephone and I continued to talk. She was stating how drunk she was and how she was probably going to get more drunk later that night. I also declared that I would most likely get more drunk later on as well. She stated that she was so tired, because she woke up at 6am, because she thought it was Saturday and she works on Saturday. I looked at her, with a puzzled look on my face, and said "Persephone, it IS Saturday." And she was like, "No, it's Sunday. Do you have a phone? You can check the date on there." I got my phone, and sure enough, it was Saturday, just like I had told her. She said, "Oh shit...I was supposed to go to work today, but instead I got drunk!"

I wished her good luck as I got off the elevator. I truly hope that she will still have a job after not showing up, and getting drunk instead.

1 comment: