Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Alive

Apart from the whole running into a TV set yesterday, Tara and I also went to the Art Gallery of Hamilton. This is something that we saw:


This is by artist David Merritt, and quite frankly, it was freaky. It looks like an innocent work of art; however, it is not. This work of art has a soul. It has an energy. It totally has an aura surrounding it, which I unfortunately couldn't see because I haven't honed those skills yet. While circling this, ah, "tree", I felt like it could swoop down, swallow me, and take me into it's inner world. Because of that, I felt that I should keep my distance. 
My advice to all: Go see this at the AGH, but BEWARE! It may swallow you whole.

2 comments:

  1. You found a picture of it! It reminds me of Dr. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have put the picture up. It's now forever going to be looming on my blog. Crap.

    Dr. Seuss...yeah, I can see that. In a weird way.

    ReplyDelete