Saturday, January 30, 2010

The End's Not Near, It's Here

 
My Grandpa with my cousin at the cottage

Two short months ago, I never would have thought the day would come where my Grandpa would be taken by terminal cancer. It was an unfortunately quick process. He died last night, at 11:30pm. 

He was a quiet, calm, generous and private man. He kept his feelings to himself, but we all knew he loved us. He was the silent rock of the family - he was our sustainability and stability. You could always rely on him for anything. He was so good to us.

I truly feel it was yesterday that he was all fine and normal. He was always a healthy and strong man, but was so far from that in his last two months. It was just so quick, which means reality hasn't sunk in yet. It was a shock to all of us - we never thought that he would be going anytime soon. It is a reminder to all of us that no matter how healthy we are, we can become unhealthy the next day and our life will be changed forever. It's a good reminder, because we need to think about our lives in the present and conquer all that we want to conquer right now. You never know what's going to happen tomorrow.

However, I am confident that he is in a better place now, as I know that he made his peace with the Lord. He's happier and healthier now. 

Goodbye, Grandpa...I love you and I will miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment