Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Pale In Comparison

So, there's something about being a pastor's kid, and right now, I am feeling completely inadequate to hold this prestigious title. I've been an utter disappointment in terms of my wildness factor. I came to think about this because I came across an article called "Pastor's Kids Gone Wild", by Stuff Christians Like. (You should really read it to gain a little understanding of myself - plus the comments too!)

The article brought up three things that make a PK gone wild. The first is having a controversial new life. I guess if the church people knew what I did after I left the little hole of Blind River, they would think it was quite controversial and would do a little "tsk, tsk"; however, it just doesn't seem wild enough. The second is having a wild love interest. I have seriously failed so miserably in this department it's not even funny. And I don't consider that random stranger on the stage at Embassy to be a love interest, unfortunately. So here I am, looking for my wild love interest. GIVE IT TO ME PEOPLE! The final requirement is "No U-turn Books", which essentially means that you haven't gone back and gotten serious about the faith. I'm usually on a big ol' rollercoaster ride with this one, so I'm not really sure where I fit. As of right now, I think I have at least semi-accomplished this, as I just don't even think about it that much anymore...and definitely haven't been to church since January! I guess we'll have to see where I fall in the future.

So, here is my proposition. Give me wild things to do, and I will try to do them. I'm disappointed with my lack of wildness at this point in my life, and I still need to keep up my rebellious PK status. I seriously need to be on par with at least Katy Perry, but I'd prefer Alice Cooper - who is obviously the most badass PK of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment